Scottish Widows Protect: Business Protection
How to claim
We want to make the claims process as simple as we possibly can for you. Please call us on one of the numbers below for the type of claim you wish to make.
- Following a death – call us on 0800 056 5590 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please can you have the following information to hand:
- The policy/plan number – you will find this in the policy/plan documents.
- The name of the person who has died, their date of birth and the cause of death.
- For any other claim listed below, please call us on 0800 056 5589 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please tell us the policy/plan number (you will find this in the policy/plan documents) and some details of the life assured’s illness or condition.
- Critical Illness
- Terminal Illness
- Premium Protection (also known as waiver of premium)
We may record and monitor calls to help us improve our service. All medical information will remain confidential.
What will happen next?
- Following a death – once the claim has been registered, we will need to see the death certificate. We may also contact the deceased’s doctor for some medical information.
- For any other claim – we will contact the life assured’s GP/hospital consultant to request the medical information we will need to process the claim.
- You will be given a dedicated claims assessor who will stay with you throughout the claims process.
We will keep you up to date throughout the process but in the meantime please continue to pay the premiums until we have agreed to pay the claim.
Life and Critical Illness policies will end after we have paid the full sum assured. Your financial adviser may be able to advise you about Replacement Cover or the Life Cover Buyback option. If there are other policies in the plan your financial adviser will also review the remaining cover to make sure it still meets your protection needs.
We also offer free and confidential access to a Personal Nurse Adviser through RedArc, an independent nurse advice service who can offer you and your family advice and emotional support through difficult and traumatic times in their lives. Find out more about RedArc here.