- Stakeholder Pensions
Stakeholder Pension overview
A Stakeholder Pension plan is designed to build up a sum of money in a tax-efficient way, to provide you with an income when you retire. As long as you are a UK resident you can start building up a private pension through our Stakeholder Pension plan to help give you a more secure and comfortable retirement.
Features & Benefits
- Start from as little as £20
- 1% Annual Management Charge
- Get tax relief at your highest rate on your payments (subject to HM Revenue & Customs limits)
- Stop, restart or change your payments without charge
- Fully portable, you can still contribute if you move jobs or your employment status changes
- Access to online features to check your pension pot and fund performance.
- You need to be a UK resident
- You must normally be resident in the UK
- You must be under age 75
- Minimum age for online applications is 18, or 16 if you are employed
- You can be an employee or self-employed
- You can be already retired
- Children, grandchildren and non-earners can have a stakeholder pension
- You can apply even if you’re already a member of an employer’s scheme, or hold a personal pension.
The level of income you receive from your pension plan will depend upon a number of factors including the value of the plan when you decide to take your pension, which isn't guaranteed and can go down as well as up and could fall below the amount paid in.