Consolidating a pension isn’t right for everyone. If you are unsure, you can find information from the following places.

Contact us

If you have any questions, please call us on 0345 608 0380. Lines are open Mon–Thurs 9am–8pm, Friday 9am–6pm and Saturday 9am–1pm.

How to get Financial Advice

If you’re not certain whether you should transfer a pension, it can be a good idea to talk to a Financial Adviser. You can choose to use a Scottish Widows Financial Adviser or an Independent Financial Adviser but you will need to pay for their services.

How Scottish Widows Advisers can help you

We have our own team of experienced financial advisers who can work directly with you. They can only make recommendations from Scottish Widows, but they are the experts in choosing the best options for you from us. They will first find out about you. Then they will have a careful look at your policies and plans and review your choices. They can give you a tailored recommendation for what you should do next

For advice from a Scottish Widows Financial Adviser, call 0345 767 8910. One of our consultants will assess your requirements and set up an appointment with one of our advisers.

You will need to pay for this service if you decide to proceed with a recommendation on the back of the advice we have provided.

Independent Financial Adviser

Find an independent Financial Adviser (IFA) in your area.

Help me find an IFA

Unsure about transferring your pension?

I’m unsure if I’m eligible to transfer online

If you’re not eligible don't worry, find out what you can do.

Useful sites

You can also get free, impartial advice about transferring your pension from:

The Money Advice Service

Pensions Advisory Service

How to contact your provider

If you’re unsure about what type of pension you have, or if you have any benefits or guarantees you should contact your employer or pension provider. We have made it easy for you to so this with some templates that ask the right questions so you don’t have to.

Want to transfer a Clerical Medical, Halifax, Lloyds or different type of Scottish Widows pension?

If you don’t have the above information to hand or filed away at home, please contact either:


You have the right to change your mind and cancel your transfer into your existing Scottish Widows Pension within 30 days of transferring. However, please be aware that your previous provider is under no obligation to accept the money back and you may need to make alternative arrangements.